The beginning of ST. MARTINUS and of the village Donnerskirchen dates back to the middle of the 14th century AD, when the dynasty of Knight Johan von Dundolskirchen settled here. At the beginning of the 17th century the estate was acquired by Baron Christoph Leisser von Idolsberg und Kronseck, who then renovated it.
Already during the time of the famous music composer Joseph Haydn, the ST. MARTINUS vineyards/wine cellars were the only cellars of Earl Esterhazy obtained in the second half of the 17th century – in 1658; they were reconstructed later to be the main warehouse of all the food products of the Esterhazy family, requiring long-term storing while preserving quality. At that time, the famous composer Joseph Haydn was paid in kind from the Esterhazy’s family cellars ST.MARTINUS in Donnerskirchen.
ST.MARTINUS as we know it today was established on 20 March 1939.